"What can we do"
"There's nothing to do"
"What can I do?"
These are questions that usually drive any mother crazy...especially me because Levi says these words probably 8 times a day normally. Lately, I have only been hearing them about 3 times. Why, you ask?
Well, each time I hear these words the speaker gets a job to do...usually a pretty big one. All my kids already have jobs, so it has to be something in addition to these.
Here is a picture of Levi vacuuming the wood floor before I can wash it (Emily is supervising). This is a 10 minute job if I do it and so it was so nice to have it done for me. I accept only thorough and excellent work on these jobs so they really are things that save me time.
The funniest thing is the look on Levi's face when he realizes what he started saying (still an offense even if he doesn't get all the words out). He's totally bummed, but doesn't argue with his fate and sucks it up and does whatever I tell him.
Lucky for me, there is always work to be done, so the jobs don't ever take any time for me to think of. Lucky for me Levi is a slow learner when it comes to controlling his tongue!



No comments:
Post a Comment