Monday, January 21, 2008

Free to be Me!

Or at least a cheesehead! Yes, it's a very sad day because I was raised to be a Packers fan. Yes we would go to Detroit to watch the Lions and Packers play and cheer for the "wrong team" so to speak. I didn't ever think of it as the wrong team until I met Jim and he told me so.


So, with Jim at work last night, we could ALL be Packer fans. Levi gets so confused between Dad's Lions and Grandpa's Packers about which team really is the favorite. It's really only a problem when the two teams play and then Levi has explicit instructions that he is to be cheering for the Lions, as I mutter about the Packers under my breath while nodding and smiling.





Levi was so excited about the game yesterday because we had discussed that this was a very big game and it could be his last chance to watch his Brett Favre play. He was so excited that I called Grandpa and invited him to come over and watch. Not only did Grandpa come, but so did Grandma! The crazy thing was once they got here Levi was more interested in doing anything wild and animal-like except watch the game. He gets excited when Grandpa comes over. Too bad Grandpa couldn't get much game watching done.



Despite Emily's support of her team by wearing her Packer PJ's, it was a sad night late last night. But, Levi went to bed covered by his Packer quilt with his autographed Brett Favre picture on his wall (a gift from Grandpa) convinced that Brett Favre will be playing next year because "he just has to help his other Green Bayers win!"



I hope so.



No comments: