I think we must be the two most exhausted parents on the planet. We just had night #2 with Rebecca refusing to sleep. She cries and screams all the time because she is absolutely miserable. She has gone 3 days without food and her fever doesn't go away so I can only imagine what she must feel like. She is done with the throwing up but now she has the cold left and when she gets colds she doesn't just get them like most kids. She suffers because she coughs and coughs and coughs and can't stop. She catches her gag reflex and then throws up which she hates doing so she just swallows it down all the while crying and screaming. I think we'll be taking her to the Dr. to be checked for pneumonia today.
She refuses to leave the bathroom since that's where she doesn't have to throw up in a bucket and for whatever reason she feel most comfortable here. Since she is completely irrational due to lack of sleep, we just leave her there.
What do I mean about irrational...let me give you an example of what life is like with her right now.
"Rebecca I want you to try to eat some crackers, what kind would you like?"
"sick crackers" these are oyster crackers
I give her the sick crackers to which she screams "I don't want sick crackers!!!!!!!!!!!!"
"Well what kids of crackers would you like?"
"Cheese Nips"
So I give her the Cheese Nips "NO NOT THOSE KIND OF CHEESE NIPS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" Followed by screaming and sobbing.
"What kind of crackers do you want?"
"I DON'T WANT ANY CRACKERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
"Well, will you please eat something?"
"I DON'T WAAAAAAAAAAAAANT TO EAT ANYTHING" more yelling and screaming.
Repeat this scenario every 15 minutes, day and night about any topic under the sun and welcome to our life over the past 3 days. Oh, and I have 3 other children to take care of too.
My eyes are so swollen they are half heir normal size and I have this sharp pain behind my left eye. Since we've had a sick kid for the past 3 weeks, there has been a minimum of 2 nights of sleep lost per kid and it has finally caught up with me.
Please, oh please send me your silent thoughts and prayers as Jim starts back with work and school this afternoon.



1 comment:
I thought that Rebecca escaped the wrath of the flu/cold that you picked up at Christmas. I am so sorry to hear that is not the case. I know how frustrated and tired you are, only the Grace of God keeps you going....I will be praying for you sister!
Post a Comment