Tuesday, January 8, 2008

A Most Excellent Boy


So, this is what Levi's been doing for the past four days while I've been dealing with Annalise and of course the baby that needs to be fed and changed often. Thank goodness for this video game thing that Jim got a few years ago. It really is quite cool for old folk like us because it is has a joystick player and has 5 of the old video games from our arcade era. Notice that Levi is playing good old fashioned Pac Man! Anyway, this has entertained him and Rebecca for hours on end but in addition to that, he has taken on the role of big brother and helper extraordinaire.


He is always helping with entertaining Rebecca, helping her with books, puzzles and games. Yesterday when I sat down to rest my weary eyes for a few minutes Emily started crying in her crib. He jumped up and said "Don't worry mom, I'll play her music for her, you can just sit and rest!" What?


Actually, this isn't out of character for him at all as he is the sensitive one in the family (just like his Daddy!) and is always looking out for others. It just has been really appreciated right now during my time of need.


Well, thanks to Levi I did get my fifteen minute rest. Now if only he could figure out how to do more laundry than just folding the socks, underwear, towels and washcloths like he does already and I'd really get that rest I need. In fact, I'd even have time to eat bon bons too!
Then, we were heading in the house from running an errand and Levi pushed past me and said "Watch out Mom!" I was just about to reprimand him for being rude when he continued by saying "I want to hold the door for you," which he proceeded to do. Guess I should not be so quick to judge his intentions. What was that I said before about learning lessons from my kids? Enough said.

No comments: