" I want to wear a dress today so Daddy thinks I look pretty," were the first words out of Rebecca's mouth this morning. Then when doing Annalise's hair she asked for braids so that she could be pretty for Daddy. Wow, what a tremendous charge Daady's have in loving their daughters. Jim and I have talked about this a ton over the years.
As the book reader he defers all these types of matters to me. He doesn't do alot of reading on child rearing but knows that since I do, what I say goes. I explain it to him all the time that it is so important that his girls know that he loves them and that they are special and yes even beautiful. If they don't get that from him, they'll look to some other male figure at some point to get it. This is all stuff that I already knew and we are already very concious of, but to hear it plain as day this morning really hit me.

We are so blessed to have three Daddy's girls in our house and a Daddy that thinks they're all pretty neat. This morning he spent quite a bit of time with Emily...playing peek a boo with her and talking to her in that baby voice that she loves so much. And yes, telling Rebecca how pretty she was.
Great times.
As the book reader he defers all these types of matters to me. He doesn't do alot of reading on child rearing but knows that since I do, what I say goes. I explain it to him all the time that it is so important that his girls know that he loves them and that they are special and yes even beautiful. If they don't get that from him, they'll look to some other male figure at some point to get it. This is all stuff that I already knew and we are already very concious of, but to hear it plain as day this morning really hit me.
We are so blessed to have three Daddy's girls in our house and a Daddy that thinks they're all pretty neat. This morning he spent quite a bit of time with Emily...playing peek a boo with her and talking to her in that baby voice that she loves so much. And yes, telling Rebecca how pretty she was.
Great times.



2 comments:
That's my little Ramona!
That's my little Ramona!
Post a Comment