It really is princess land around here with 4 girls. I was noticing tonight as I was getting Emily dressed from her bath that everything she would be wearing was pink...even down to her socks as she was laying on her pink bath towel no less!
I am and always have been such a tom-boy. When I was little I played with matchbox cars and put holes in my big wheel wheels, my best friend was the boy next door and I could run faster than any of the boys in school or in the neighborhood.
Even in high school, except for my best family friend and my very best friend since sixth grade, all my other friends were guys. Even now some of my favorite things to do is lift weights and people mock me because I beg my husband not to snow plow the driveway so I can shovel it. What's wrong with me?
I realized today that I am really sad because I was all excited about putting a new hair product away that I bought today. Why was I excited you may wonder...because it was the first new hair product I've bought for myself in over 10 years...and I'm a hairdresser for cryin' out loud! Now for those of you that know me well you know that I usually get my haircut twice a year at most so this new product thing is a bit out of character for me. I must confess though, I've started giving myself my own haircuts and I just have to get someone to whack off the little section in the back that I can't quite reach (thanks Ris). Low maintenance, that's my motto.
What I really want to know is how did I end up with girly girls? Annalise always has loved wearing dresses and she dresses Rebecca in one every day but when I was little I wouldn't be caught dead in a dress if I could help it.
As I look around the sea of pink scattered about the house I can't help but think of what Levi has been talking about all day. We stopped by a friend's ( I use this term loosely since I recently found out our 18 year friendship was really filled with much withheld information...just kidding Kev...man, are we old!) house and they have 2 boys. Levi's eyes lit up like a Christmas tree when he saw all the boy toys they have and he hasn't stopped talking about their swords since we left! Apparently he would much rather fight with swords than learn ballet from his sister...I don't know why.
This has prompted me to look around and see that Levi really is the lone prince in a land of princesses. Perhaps we'll just need to get him a few swords so at least he can slay the dragons for us!



6 comments:
Jen, I had my hands full LISTENING to you and helping you make good life choices. You see, it was all about selflessness NOT selfishness for me. So, I am a good friend and I was a good friend in H.S.
And now you know why I withheld info, to KEEP a friend.
Your good friend,
Kev :)~
Are you saying I like to talk or something?
Hmm...I remember a certain friend teaching me how to put on make up AND spending lots of time doing her bangs with me in the bathroom mirrors at MBYC. I disagree with the Tom-boy statement. I prefer to call it a "well-rounded" female. (p.s. I love to mow the lawn and plow the driveway too...nothing wrong with that!)
Well, I guess I was always a hairdresser at heart. Remember spraying the hairspray and then burning it into our hair with the haridryer for that freeze dried look? That was great....can't wait till that style comes around again!
The worst was curling one part of the bangs UP and then the other section DOWN and then floofing them all together...and then if it rained...OH MY GOSH!!! I'm dying just thinking about it.
What ever happened to that RAVE hairspray anyways? Pretty sure Gore would say that contributed to our global warming problem...90's big-bang hair-dos!! LOL
Remeber how upset we got after spending HOURS in the bathroom getting ready to serve breakfast and then on Mem Day and Labor day it was always raining? We weren't looking our best for Matt...so that's why he never noticed us!
Post a Comment