You may think that I haven't blogged in a few days is due to the fact that I was outside enjoying the great weather. If you were so inclined to think this you would just be wrong. I would have loved to be outside enjoying the great weather but I was inside instead...working.
Since this is our spring break I had so many projects that needed to get done that the Martha in me just couldn't let these things slide...see a previous blog entry for complete Martha details. My kids also had not one short sleeved shirt that wasn't in storage for the winter so I had to get my rear in gear and get going on the clothes situation. The clothes situation...a HUGE ordeal with 4 small kids that grow so much from one season to the next. All the clothes needed to be hauled out and gone through, tried on and put away. The anal side of just couldn't put these "new" clothes away into dirty, unorganized closets, oh no. All the closets then needed to be cleaned; all the shelves wiped down, interior walls wiped down and the clothes arranged just so. I'm happy to report that the closets still look great, even after a whole day.
Today we tackled the garage and I started washing some walls, I only have a week to get it all done you know. I've managed to not feel guilty at all though since the weather was so nice the kids wanted to be outside all day anyway...much more fun than hanging out with me!
I did manage to sneak outside to change the flowers on my front wreath. I decided Christmas was a bit tacky to still be displaying. I took Emily with me and she loved it. I think she thought the kids had van
ished into thin air since it had been 2 whole days and she hadn't seen them at all since they literally came in only to go to the bathroom. She also loved just sitting outside on her blanke, exploring the whole new world. She has always loved going for walks and stuff but you never know what they'll really think to just sit outside. True to form she just went along with the game plan. I did however have quite the challenge trying to feed her some cereal today though. All she did was laugh, literally. I couldn't get her to stop laughing long enough to close her mouth and swallow...only Emily.
I have a prediction I'd like to make about Rebecca. I've decided that I think she's going to be a Broadway singer. We were driving in the car various times this weekend and that girl can belt out to refrains of Little Orphan Annie's "Tomorrow" like no body's business. She doesn't just sing, she bellows with all her might. Broadway would be perfect, she's a bit off-key sometimes but she is quite talented...I have no idea where she gets this since singing has never been one of my gifts. Her dad used to sing in the choir though...
Levi has had a lot of fun playing his new baseball thing that he got for Ch
ristmas. It pitches the balls to him at a pretty good clip. He definitely needs some practice. I tried to get him to let me take his picture but he refused claiming he didn't want his picture taken until he gets better at it...perfectionistic...who knew? I did manage to snap a picture of him helping with Emily's bath though.
Annalise has still been busy with Kit when she hasn't been outside.
That's a quick update of life around here, busy as usual. I feel like I'm hanging on to the back of a freight train traveling at a frightening speed!
Since this is our spring break I had so many projects that needed to get done that the Martha in me just couldn't let these things slide...see a previous blog entry for complete Martha details. My kids also had not one short sleeved shirt that wasn't in storage for the winter so I had to get my rear in gear and get going on the clothes situation. The clothes situation...a HUGE ordeal with 4 small kids that grow so much from one season to the next. All the clothes needed to be hauled out and gone through, tried on and put away. The anal side of just couldn't put these "new" clothes away into dirty, unorganized closets, oh no. All the closets then needed to be cleaned; all the shelves wiped down, interior walls wiped down and the clothes arranged just so. I'm happy to report that the closets still look great, even after a whole day.
Today we tackled the garage and I started washing some walls, I only have a week to get it all done you know. I've managed to not feel guilty at all though since the weather was so nice the kids wanted to be outside all day anyway...much more fun than hanging out with me!
I did manage to sneak outside to change the flowers on my front wreath. I decided Christmas was a bit tacky to still be displaying. I took Emily with me and she loved it. I think she thought the kids had van
I have a prediction I'd like to make about Rebecca. I've decided that I think she's going to be a Broadway singer. We were driving in the car various times this weekend and that girl can belt out to refrains of Little Orphan Annie's "Tomorrow" like no body's business. She doesn't just sing, she bellows with all her might. Broadway would be perfect, she's a bit off-key sometimes but she is quite talented...I have no idea where she gets this since singing has never been one of my gifts. Her dad used to sing in the choir though...
Levi has had a lot of fun playing his new baseball thing that he got for Ch
Annalise has still been busy with Kit when she hasn't been outside.
That's a quick update of life around here, busy as usual. I feel like I'm hanging on to the back of a freight train traveling at a frightening speed!



2 comments:
Jennie "B"
Your Dad wants to know, why is Emily wearing that hat in her outdoor picture?
So that she doesn't end up with skin cancer on her head, of course...she is related to me after all.
Post a Comment