Thursday, April 3, 2008

Our Newset Addition

We would like to introduce you to the newest member of our
family, Kit. she is the American Girl Doll that Annalise has
lusted after for months and that her grandparents bought her and gave to her at her birthday party that we finally had this weekend. She has read almost the whole series of books and really settled in on Kit being her favorite. They hve many similarities in their personalaities and if Kit were a real girl I could see them being best friends becuase they are so much alike. Kit has become like another appendage of Annalise's and I find myself in some ways really felling like I have another kid she is around that much. We simlply speak to her like she is another kid...she is included in group greetings (good morning Annalise, good morning Levi, good morning Kit etc). Kit also has had many adventures since she's come to live with us as you'll see.












I also had to include a picture of Annalise's new do. I whacked off about 3 inches of her hair on Sunday. One of the blessings of being a hairdresser is that when you've decided you've had enough of snarly, tear-filled mornings day after day you can just remedy the situation immediately! I also got so tired of it looking bad. Half curly, half nappy and always having to pull it back somehow to just get rid of it. What's the point of having longer hair if it always looks bad? She also has a habit of taking those clumps of hair and twirling them around her finger until there are knots. I've asked her repeatedly to stop and it's just a habit, but one that needs to break. The shorter hair should help this and if it doesn't, shorter it goes! Anyway, out came the scissors and what we are left with is so cute! It curls so much better ans she can actually wear it down without anything in it. She can much more easily take care of it herself and we have no more screaming battles in the morning while trying to comb it. We actually have just been putting some mousse in it and letting it go. It's been great. At first she though it was too short but now she loves it and is asking if we can keep it this way all the time.







Kit is learning Spanish











Kit is learning about art class
















Kit has been watching some DVDs













She has even been having some character training with the other kids. She needs to have good manners to survive in this house!



















Kit is even required to have some quiet time in the afternoon when the other kids are too.













Notice that our cat is curled up on the bed too. she looks forward to naptime with Annalise every day. She just meows at the door until Annalise lets her in and they spend time together bonding!





All in all Kit certainly has had a very busy week around here and Annalise has a new best friend. It really is neat to see how she talks to her like they really are friends in real life. In some ways I'm sure it's because Annalise really does feel like she knows her after reading most of her books. She is just a doll, but through her stories she is a doll with a personality and life stories all built in. Annalise is already lusting after all the pieces and parts of Kit's world that she would like to get...a girl can dream!

2 comments:

jan said...

Welcome to your new addition, I know that Kit has a good home, Love aunt j

jan said...

Welcome to your new addition, I know that Kit has a good home, Love aunt j