Saturday, June 14, 2008

Woo Hoo!

Today was my first race in almost 2 years. I've lived in Cutlerville for 9 years and now my house is for sale and this is the first year I've run the race that takes place here. I've always watched everyone else run past while secretly longing to be running.




When Jim was in retail Saturdays were always a big day that he would be working and ever since switching to AMR he's always been working too. Except for this year. My wonderful husband stayed up for close to 48 hours so that he could watch the kids while I ran.


It was great except for I had a hard time knowing how to pace myself since I've been running 6 miles instead of 3 for the past couple of months. I didn't want to have too much energy left at the end so I gave it everything I had. I'm wearing black and grey shorts, sort of in the middle of the pack in the pictures.





I was pretty pleased with the results...23:35, 9th in my age group and 68 out of 575 women.


The kids had fun watching the whole thing. Now I just have to gear up for my 10K in 2 weeks!


Thanks to my honey for the great start to my day!

No comments: