Thursday, June 19, 2008

Buckets

This is the amount of tears that I have cried over the past 5 days.

This is the way that I have been living for the past 5 days...with buckets and boxes and piles of things everywhere.

Our house is sold and it is completely bittersweet. I have been an emotional wreck and under more stress than I ever have been. We were offered a fair price for our house...2 people were fighting over it, but the best offer included us being out 10 days after close. That left us no time to try to find a house and kick some poor other family out 10 days after close. Between being sad and stressed out I heard such comments as...

"Mom, what's wrong with your face?"
"Mom, why are you crying?"
"Mom, what's the matter?"
"Mom, why do you look like that?"

Not to mention that I lost a bunch of weight so now my kids are mocking me because my underwear is always showing because my shorts keep falling down.

I know that selling your house is the reason for putting it on the market but it just became very real when it came time to sign on the dotted line. My kids were all brought home from the hospital here, we dreamed about this house long before we ever built it and our hand prints are forever imprinted in our driveway. Our footprints and memories are everywhere in this house and the time is quickly drawing to a close for us to make more memories here. A chapter in our life is closing and this for me is never easy.

I love looking forward, but I also have a hard time letting go of what's behind. I'm a sap and way too emotional sometimes. I like things planned and I'm a total homebody. I love being home, making memories with my husband and kids and we are finding ourselves homeless, so to speak.

We have decided to take some of the pressure of this whole thing off and accept the ability that Jim's parents have given us to stay there for as long as we need to find a house. That way, Jim can focus on his testing that he has coming up in the next month and we can start eating meals at home again instead of in the car. We have spent literally every day eating at least 1 meal in the car for the past 2 weeks as we have been constantly evicted from our house for showings or on the road trying to find our future home.

We are very fortunate to have parents that can allow us to do this and accommodate us comfortably. It will be quite an adventure but will buy us some much needed time to find the right house for us. We had found a couple of houses that we loved over the past few months, but lost them since we still had a house to sell. Now we are in a position to be able to buy a house that we love once we find it. This is definitely easier said than done, believe it or not.

I'll keep you updated on our adventure and fill you in on some more of the things that have been going on around here lately but frankly after having lost almost an entire weeks worth of sleep (in addition to losing weight I lose sleep when stressed) I'm exhausted and need to head up to bed.

No comments: