So we took the kids to the park yesterday and it was packed. I noticed something different about the people that were there. They were mostly Dads. They had multiple children with them. They had water bottles and packed lunches. They were giving timeouts when their children misbehaved and helping them climb and slide.
the funniest part about this though was that while they were doing all this they were standing in a circle together talking. I couldn't resist creeping over to hear what I thought would be the latest sports scores or grilling basics 101. Instead I was dumbfounded that the topics of the day were potty training and eating habits/recipes they have discovered work for their kids.
It was hilarious! They were sharing titles of books they've read about these issues and had discussions about the books. I actually made a mental note about a couple of them!
These were macho, gym going type guys being Dads. I wish I could have faded away and left my husband to bond with the other Dads, but oh well. I got some valuable parenting advice!
Way to go Dads!
Thursday, June 12, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



1 comment:
Good job Jim on taking care of the gang. Jen congrats on race well done. Hugs Aunt Jan
Post a Comment