Saturday, June 7, 2008

Bye Bye Baby






Where has the time gone? I saw a newborn the other day and was amazed to see that Emily is SO much bigger. She still seemed like a baby to me. Then all in the same week she has changed so much and it is evident that she is anything but a baby.




She is getting a tooth; like today. I've been able to see her two bottom ones really well for a couple of weeks but today I can see that there is one that I think is breaking through the skin. I guess this would explain why EVERYTHING has been going in her mouth. Yesterday I could see that she was chewing on some white cottony looking substance. After removing it from her mouth and inspecting it I realized she was pulling parts of her diaper off and eating it. Then just now I found her with something else in her mouth and realized she had taken a big bite out of the vinyl tablecloth that I had just taken in from hanging out to dry. Who does this, really? I cannot tell you the number of papers that have big bites out of them. I think we should start calling her goat or something since she can make a meal out of anything.




I'm also realizing how much she is growing because she is no longer crawling on her hands and knees but on her hands and feet. I know that walking is right around the corner now. She has been walking along things for a couple of weeks now.



Levi continues to be partial to her. He cannot handle his other sisters even bumping him without feeling he has somehow been wronged but Emily can abuse him any way she feels like. Here she is actually hitting him on the face and pulling his ears and poking him in the eyes. He is constantly playing with her and is always the first one to help when she is having a difficult time.





Go figure.

No comments: